CORAL LAB MANAGEMENT SYSTEM & MUMMS USER ACCOUNTS
Coral is composed of three parts. As a user of MRL MRSEC Shared Facilities, you will only need to be familiar with the first two components.
1. MUMMS is a web-based application that manages MRL MRSEC's user accounts and permissions. You, as a user, will have to follow the registration process prior to using any equipment in these rooms. See below.
2. MIT MRSEC Coral is a lab management system that records each user's instrument use and reservations. You will be given instructions in the lab on how to log in and engage instruments. You can also download a remote version of Coral on your own computer so you can log in and reserve instruments. See below.
3. Cost Recovery is the system which processes your monthly billing. MIT MRSEC financial staff will be the only users of this part of the system.
CORAL SYSTEM FOR INSTRUMENT USE AND RESERVATIONS
Go to Coral Lab Management System when you want to:
- Register to become a user of Shared Facilities
- Reserve an instrument
- Review and delete reservations
- Log instrument use
- Report instrument problems
- View instrument status
In order to use Coral, you must first become a user of MIT MRSEC Shared Facilities by creating an account in MUMMS. When in the lab, instructions will be given on how to log in and how to utilize instruments. You can also download a remote version of Coral on your own computer so you can log in and reserve instruments.
MUMMS APPLICATION TO MANAGE USER ACCOUNTS
MUMMS is a web-based application that manages MIT MRSEC's user accounts and permissions. You, as a user, will have to follow the registration process prior to using any equipment in these rooms. You must create an account in MUMMS before you can use Coral to reserve instrument time.
Please note that Microsystems Technology Laboratories (MTL) also uses the Coral system for lab management. The MTL and MIT MRSEC Coral servers are different, so you must create a different account for MTL and MIT MRSEC. No information is shared between the MTL and MIT MRSEC systems. However, all Shared Facilities in MIT MRSEC use the same Coral system, so your account to access the MIT MRSEC X-Ray SEF will also allow you to access the MIT MRSEC Electron Microscopy SEF.
To register for MUMMS, please visit https://MIT MRSEC-coral.mit.edu/mumms. Please note that users may be given a warning about untrusted certificates. Please ignore this and set up an exception so you can continue on.
CORAL SYSTEM FOR NON-MIT USERS:
Please note that self-use of equipment will only occur after being qualified for instruments by MIT MRSEC lab managers. Non-MIT users of MIT MRSEC Shared Facilities must first register in MUMMS to become a user before proceeding with the process of using MIT MRSEC labs. Initial use of the MIT MRSEC Shared Facilities labs will be assisted. Self-use of equipment will only occur after being qualified for instruments by MIT MRSEC lab managers.
Registering for MUMMS
Instructions on Registering for MUMMS
Installing Remote Coral
Using Coral to Reserve an Instrument
Review and Delete Reservations
Logging Instrument Use
Reporting Instrument Problems
Viewing Instrument Status