**Please note that Outside Shared Facilities User applications will temporarily not be accepted as a measure to contain the COVID 19 virus. Thank you for your understanding.**
HOW TO OBTAIN LAB ACCESS INSIDE AND OUTSIDE USERS
The steps to obtain lab access are simple, but must be completed prior to booking instruments.
- When you register, you will choose the shared labs you will need.
- Inside users will be required to provide an MIT cost object to pay for services.
- Outside MIT users will need to complete an Outside User Application (see below).
Notes for Outside MIT Users:
If you are an outside MIT user, you will need the following:
An MIT guest ID number
Please send an email to email@example.com with your full name and phone number.
You will be called to obtain your month and day of birth. The MIT ID number is needed to access the safety courses required to enter our labs.
An Outside User Application
Please follow the links below for outside user applications.
Your approved project number will be used to bill you instead of an MIT cost object. You will receive an email when you application is approved.
2. REQUIRED SAFETY COURSES (all users):
All users are required to take two online safety courses:
- Chemical Hygiene (Course #EHS0100w-A)
- Managing Hazardous Waste (Course #EHS0501w)
The link to EHS to complete your profile and take the courses is below:
3. READ THE CHEMICAL HYGIENE PLAN (all users):
- You must read the Chemical Hygiene Plan.
- Then check off in MUMMs that you have read it.
4. LAB SPECIFIC TRAINING (all users):
- All users must make an appointment for lab specific training.
- The lab safety and general equipment safety will be discussed at this time along with further instructions for booking instruments.
5. CONTACT US:
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any problems.